Did you know that community members came out to express support to Council for the Emerald City Nightclub? Do you know what Durham's walkability score is? Read about these issues and more in our notes from the February 23 work session.
Discussion at this session included these topics:
- Emerald City Nightclub - discussion of recent efforts to close this club, which is a black-owned business and is supportive of community empowerment
- Comments from MARK SIMMONS, of Cease Fire Durham recommending increased mandatory training for police officers for all officers in contact with the community
- RESOLUTION OPPOSING THE PRESIDENT’S EXECUTIVE ORDER signed on January 27, 2017 that substantially limits Immigration and Refugee Resettlement within the United States
- Presentation on the Transit Oriented Development (TOD) and the GoTriangle TOD Planning Grant
- PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT: PRESENTATION ON THE PROPOSED STORM WATER PERMIT MODIFICATIONS AND ASSOCIATED ORDINANCE REVISIONS